The Money Skills Service engages and provides support to all members of the Bolton Community, particularly those who are financially excluded. As a service we are very keen on volunteering roles within our team.
Why would you want to become a Money Skills volunteer?
- To develop skills, knowledge and experience
- To build up your confidence/self-esteem
- To make friends and meet people who have the same cares as you
- To receive ongoing support and training in your voluntary role
- To get a strong feeling of self-worth for voluntarily aiding an extremely worthy cause
- To improve your financial knowledge by attending our workshops and gaining accreditation
- To gain a reference for future paid employment or education
- To improve your CV
- To have an enjoyable time working within a welcoming, dedicated and successful team
What does it mean to be a volunteer?
- Volunteering isn't just a right. We are looking for committed caring people whose aim is to enrich our local communities
- It means dedicating a minimum amount of time per month (see below) to your voluntary duties within the service
- We expect our volunteers to be fully committed to performing their duties to the best of their ability
- It means being punctual, polite and adhering to all company policies concerning health & safety and code of conduct
- Training is provided in all cases, but we expect our volunteers to hold basic skills required to perform particular duties
Follow the link to find out more about What we expect from our volunteers and what our volunteers can expect from us [pdf].
Would you like to volunteer?
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer for our service please give us a call or send us an email. We will then contact you to discuss having an informal chat. You may find it useful to view details [pdf] of the information that we will require from you before you begin to volunteer.